Refugee Resource Center

Problems with your landlord

If you have a serious problem with your landlord, you should call the Austin Tenants Council to ask if they can help you. Call 512-474-7006, Monday through Thursday from 1 pm to 4 pm. You can talk to them by phone. If you need an interpreter, you must make an appointment to go to their office. They do not charge money for their services.

If you get an eviction notice — a notice to vacate — call them. You do not have to move immediately. The landlord must go through a legal process and go to court to make you move. You should do everything you can to avoid eviction because it will go on your credit history. Sometimes the Austin Tenants Council can help you make an agreement with your landlord so you don't get evicted.

Here is a video that explains the eviction process.






Follow us on Facebook

Updates, news, events and more at